- UW Extension Parenting Newsletters
- Parenting the First Year – a 12 month age-paced Extension newsletter series is mailed to all new parents giving birth to all three hospitals in Barron County.
- UW Extension Family Living
- Ohio State Extension Family Life
The monthly newsletter is mailed free to parents and gives parenting advice geared to their infant’s first year of life. Written by University of Wisconsin-Extension childe development specialists in a easy to understand format that addresses questions young parents have.
- Evaluation summary of Parenting the First year in Barron County (2 pages, 67 KB)
- Comments about Parenting Training in Barron County (2 pages, 14 KB)
- Parenting the Second and Third Years
- Preparing to Parent
- Responding To Scary Events (3 pages, 15 KB)
Next Class being held Spring 2012 dates to be determined. Please contact Missy Bablick to register
The Strengthening Families Program was developed out of Iowa Extension and is nationally recognized as a family skill building program designed to:
- prevent teen substance abuse
- strengthen parenting skills
- help parents and youth communicate
- build relationships between youth and parents
The program is delivered with a series of sessions for parents and youth using realistic videos, interactive games, discussions, and family projects. Kids love the games and interaction with parents. Parents love the parenting skills and family time together. Starts with a free light family meal.
If interested in attending a Strengthening Families program in Barron County, fill out the attached interest form (link – strengthening families form)
- StrengtheningFamilies (2 pages, 78 KB)
- Barron Co. Evaluation of Strengthening Families (2 pages, 33 KB)
- Extension’s Positive Parenting Classes for Incarcerated men and women. A five session class series taught by Linda Heppner, Family Living Educator at the Barron County Jail.
- Topics include:
Setting love and limits
Shaken Child Syndrome
Ways to reduce yelling and screaming
Reconnecting and nurturing
- Topics include:
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren