2012-2013 Ambassador Applications due September 7, 2012
WHAT IS A 4-H AMBASSADOR?
A 4-H Ambassador is a 4-H member in grades 9-13 who has a sincere desire to promote the Barron County 4-H program. Ambassadors are highly respected youth leadership positions within 4-H. Many counties throughout the state of Wisconsin have 4-H Ambassadors; qualifications and tasks differ from county to county.
- Be an active Barron County 4-H member in grades 9-13
- Have two years of 4-H experience and an understanding of 4-H
- Have leadership experience on club or county level
- Have an interest in promoting 4-H
- Be mature and exhibit poise, confidence and dedication to 4-H
- Have a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Be willing and able to speak to 4-H and community groups
- Be a good role model
- Be responsible, accountable, dedicated and willing to follow through on responsibilities
- Attend monthly meetings and scheduled activities. Ambassador meetings are the third Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in Room 110 A & B at the Barron County Government Center in Barron.
- Assist with 4-H events and activities
- Build a float which promotes 4-H and enter it in community parades
- Share 4-H with the public
HOW TO APPLY
Complete and return the Barron County 4-H Ambassador Application form and two letters recommendation to:
UW-Extension, Barron County
335 E. Monroe Ave. Room 2206
Barron, WI 54812
Applications may be emailed to Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters of recommendation may be emailed directly from the letter writer.
Ask your general leader and one project or activity leader to send a letter of recommendation supporting your application. All recommendations MUST be from individuals unrelated to you. If your general leader is related to you, then please choose a different individual, project or activity leader to complete a recommendation for you.
Applications and letters of recommendations must be received by 4:30 p.m. on September 7, 2012. Only applications that are received by that time will be considered.
All youth applying to be Ambassadors (new and returning) are required to participate in the Ambassador Interviews and selection process scheduled for September 19 between 5 and 7 p.m., Room 110 A & B, Government Center.
An Ambassador meeting will take place on September 17 for all new and returning Ambassadors at 7 pm.
2012-2013 Returning Ambassador Application - Word doc
2012-2013 New Ambassador Application - Word doc