2013-2014 Ambassador Applications due November 8, 2013
WHAT IS A 4-H AMBASSADOR?
4-H Ambassadors are teens in grades 9-13 who love 4-H and want others to love it also! Ambassadors have fun promoting 4-H, planning and organizing events, and teaching younger 4-H’ers. Ambassadors create opportunities to use their skills in leadership, communication, and teamwork.
- Be an active Barron County 4-H member in grades 9-13
- Have an interest in promoting 4-H
- Have a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Be willing and able to speak to 4-H and community groups
- Be a good role model for younger members
- Be responsible, accountable, dedicated and willing to follow through on responsibilities
- Attend occasional meetings and scheduled activities (Ambassadors will set their schedule)
- Plan and carry out ways to promote 4-H with youth and adults of Barron County
- Assist with 4-H events and activities, including Communications Day, Fair Hospitality Booth, Awards Program and others.
- Contribute to planning process and attend an Ambassador leadership retreat
- Wear 4-H Ambassador shirt and name badge (provided) whenever in Ambassador role
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF IT?
- Attendance at a fun leadership retreat or conference
- Marketable skills such as leadership, communication and teamwork
- Great experience for college applications and resumes
HOW TO APPLY
Complete and return the Barron County 4-H Ambassador Application form to:
UW-Extension, Barron County
335 East Monroe Ave. Room 2206
Barron, WI 54812
The application form is below. Applications may be emailed to Mary at email@example.com. (NEW: No letters of recommendation required. New applicants and returning Ambassadors fill out the same form.)
Applications are due November 8, 2013. Ambassador applicants will be interviewed on Monday, November 18, between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. in Barron. You will be notified via email with your interview time. Ambassadors will meet later that evening after the Junior Leaders meeting at 7 p.m.
2013-2014 Ambassador Application - Word Document